Tuesday 19 April 2011

A Somewhat Important Announcement

[Cennant Mawr, the Glen, Llanberis, Wales] (LOC)
That path leads to my cottage in the woods

I apologize if the content of this blog has been a bit, shall we say, on the “dense” and “boring” side. I’m experimenting with writing in different ways so that a) I get to write something, b) people read what I write and c) they understand what the Hell I’m talking about. 

Here’s what I’m trying to do with this blog. And yes, I realize I have so far done a pretty poor job at it. I’m working on it!
What I want is to help all activists, dissidents and politically minded people including myself live better, happier lives and do a better work in changing the world. That’s it, really, in a nutshell. And from what I can see, nobody is doing this, and it’s in desperate need of being done.
I’m not sure how this process takes place, actually, but it seems to be that you must give others what you want for yourself. They say that the best way to learn is to teach, which makes precisely zero sense. Teachers teach what they know, writers write what they want to read, musicians compose the music they like to hear, etc. For some reason, it works. And that’s what matters.

Me, I have been involved in politics for about *stops to count* almost five years now. There are many things I know and many more I don’t. But what I do have, and what I want to get more of so that I can pass it on, is this “sovereignty”, this feeling of confidence in your beliefs, your ideas, your values; your politics. And once you reach this point, you don’t struggle any more, with yourself or with other people. You don’t “care” what anyone else thinks, but in a good way. It doesn’t mean being stubborn and pigheaded. It’s about setting boundaries and reclaiming your space. Reclaiming your right to think that you are right.
I’m not actually there yet myself, but I know I will arrive to that place eventually. And believe me when I tell you that this is the best place to be when you want to have your radical ideas in peace. It’s about having radical politics and living with them. And being happy. Yes, saying to the world “I want you to change and get better and I want to be happy while we work together to make this happen”.

So please bear with me. My dream is big, my task ahead humongous, my knowledge limited and my talent scarce. 
 

No comments: